Dedication of the Newsom family's home
Thank you for your interest in applying for a house through Habitat for Humanity. You may pick up your application and have all your questions answered at the Habitat for Humanity Wichita Falls office located at 1206 Lamar Street. Please call the office and schedule an appointment to review and return your application.
All Habitat houses are built according to ENERGY STAR standards. Energy efficient choices can save families about a third on their energy bill with similiar savings of greenhouse gas emissions, without sacrificing features, style or comfort. ENERGY STAR helps you make the energy effiicient choice.
ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and th U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. For more information, go to http://www.energystar.gov
Housing Application Criteria
Following are the criteria necessary for making an application for a new Habitat Home.
|INCOME GUIDELINES 2012
|Persons Living In Home:
|Not less than
||Not more than
||Not less than
||Not more than
- Your combined household income must fall within the above guidelines.(Combined houshold income means: wages, social security payments, child support, disability payments, veterans's benefits, retirement income, home business, or other money earned.
- You must show evidenve of desire to maintain and care for a house.
- You must commit to long-term loan payments(usualy 20-30 year, no-intrest loans).
- Your current housing situation must be one of the following: inadequate, substandard, cost burdened(cost of rent plus utilities, excluding phone, is greater than 35% of family's monthly income), homeless, overcrowded, or living in government subsidized housing.
- You must have a good record of paying rent, loans & utility payments for at least one year.
- You must have lived or worked in the greater Wichita Falls area for at least one year.
- If selected, you or your family members or friends must work 300 hours on your own home and other Habitat projects. If you are disabled, we will help you find ways to work that are possible for you.
- House payments are set at no more than 30% of the monthly gross income of the family.
If you still have questions about the process, please call the Habitat Office at (940) 716-9300.